RESIST: Training tool for ethics and compliance staff in business
RESIST: Resisting Extortion and Solicitation in International Transactions
|RESIST is designed as a training tool to provide practical guidance for company employees on how to prevent and/or respond to an inappropriate demand by a client, business partner or public authority in the most efficient and ethical way.|
RESIST identified 22 scenarios that illustrate a range of solicitation scenarios and how to respond the situations in a concrete and specific manner.
This RESIST tool will be of interest to all companies that may be exposed to solicitation risks in conducting international business, in particular small and medium enterprises which are more likely to receive bribe solicitation as they are more vulnerable than larger companies and have fewer resources to face such situations.
Within companies, this tool is mainly directed to those responsible for ethics, compliance and integrity training and to individual employees involved in sales, marketing and operations.
Online training course: Doing business without bribery
This 1.5 hour online course provides comprehensive training on anti-corruption in the business sector.
Designed by top experts in the field, the course will provide companies with an effective tool to train their staff, including:
- Information on international anti-corruption laws.
- Practical examples of bribery in business.
- Recommended solutions for specific situations.
Expected results at the end of the course:
- Increased understanding about what is corruption and why anti-corruption is important.
- Increased understanding of anti-corruption laws.
- Increased awareness and predictions of bribery-prone situations; techniques to prevent and/or reject bribery and corruption.
- Knowledge of practical approaches for reporting bribery and corruption.
Business integrity platform
The business integrity platform comprises two effective online tools for use by members of the Saigon Hi-Tech Park (SHTP). Once registered, businesses can access:
- Quick self-evaluation tool (Quick – SET):
- Provides users with tools to assess the company’s integrity systems.
- Evaluation results will encourage companies to review their policies and procedures related to corruption risks.
- Evaluation results can be used as an internal and external reference point.
- Users can choose to be anonymous.
- The 6-star-ranking system based on the United Nation’s Global Compact (UNGC) 10 criteria:
- Helps companies to promote their business integrity programme to partners and investor.
- Stars symbolize the progress of the business integrity system in each company. Six stars is the highest level of achievement.
- A company can only turn on a star when they have submitted the required documents as evidence.